This class is the next step that allows the student to work on the basic fundamentals while learning more advanced shooting techniques and help the student better prepare for defensive situations with a firearm.
This class introduces drawing from the holster and reloading drills that will challenge the shooter in new ways.
Class Title: Handgun 201
- Class duration: 2 hours
- Range duration: approximately 1 hour
- Cost: $149
- Handgun 101, Level I Proficiency Certificate of Training or Equivalent or pre-qualification by TGC Instructor
- Hearing protection
- Range Fees
- Handgun 101 review
- Concealment carry & holsters
- Mental conditioning and physiological effects of a gunfight
- Principles of combat shooting
- Presentation from holster and recovery
- Tactical and administrative loading and unloading
- Malfunction and failure drills
- Ammunition – 200 rounds FMJ (brass)
- 3 magazines
- Gun holster
- Double magazine carrier
- Sturdy belt
- Eye/Ear protection
- Cleaning kit
Handguns are available for rent or purchase. All other equipment and ammunition are available for purchase at TGC.
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of class.
Texas Gun Club reserves the right to cancel or reschedule classes that do not hold the minimum enrollee count. Texas Gun Club will notify you prior to 24 hours before the class is held.