Rifle 201 is for anyone interested in expanding their knowledge of rifle handling.
In this course, the student will go over safety, rifle accessories (grips, slings, lights, etc), footwork, speed/tactical reloading, shooting from cover, shooting stances (standing, kneeling, prone), and rapid-fire/controlled pairs.
Class Title: Rifle 201
- Class duration: 2 hours
- Range duration: approximately 1 hour
- Cost: $149
- Pre-Requisite: Rifle 101
- Hearing protection
- Range Fees + target
- Review of Firearm Malfunctions
- Fundamentals of Marksmanship
- Moving and shooting
- Speed drills
- Shooting from various distances
- Understanding optical offset
- Strong and weak hand manipulations
- AR-15/M-4 Platform
- Ammunition – 200 rounds FMJ (brass)
- 3 magazines
- Iron Sights/Optics (optional)
- Sight Tool
- Eye/Ear protection
- Cleaning kit
- Gloves (optional)
- Rifle confirmed Zero before class
Rifles are available for rent or purchase. All other equipment and ammunition are available for purchase at TGC.
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of class.
Texas Gun Club reserves the right to cancel or reschedule classes that do not hold the minimum enrollee count. Texas Gun Club will notify you prior to 24 hours before the class is held.