This is an entry-level course. Students are introduced to the concepts, strategies, and the development of building home defense plan. Basic shotgun manipulation, nomenclature, and effective use for defense are covered.
This course lays the foundation for the ability to defend your family and home with the use of a shotgun and an effective home defense plan. We consider this course extremely valuable for all people regardless of their interests in firearms.
There is a 5-10 round familiarization practical on the range in the second half of the course. If you do not already own a shotgun, we have them available for the course. Ammunition and hsotgun rentals are available at the store.
Class Title: Shotgun and Home Defense
- Class duration: 2 hours
- Range duration: approximately 1 hour
- Cost: $129
- Professional Course by Licensed LTC Instructors
- Hearing protection
- Range Fees & Target
- Post-class recommendations
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Creating a home defense plan
- Basic shotgun handling and use
- Different shotgun ammunition and purposes
- Effective use of a shotgun for defense
- A basic shotgun familiarization practical
- Shotgun of any caliber if you have one (rentals available)
- Eye and hearing protection
- 5-10 rounds of shotgun ammo
- NO GAME LOADS or BIRDSHOT
Shotguns are available for rent or purchase.
Eye protection Ammunition are available for purchase.
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of class.
Texas Gun Club reserves the right to cancel or reschedule classes that do not hold the minimum enrollee count. Texas Gun Club will notify you prior to 24 hours before the class is held.