Are you looking for a new career path? These courses are designed to provide participants with the concepts and skills necessary of a non-commissioned security officer in the State of Texas. The online course delivers Texas Private Security Bureau approved curriculum for non-commissioned security officers, including roles and responsibilities of security officers, legal aspects of security work, security communications, and response to emergencies and safety hazards. The practices taught in this course may be superseded by your agency’s departmental policy.
The Texas Department of Public Safety Private Security Program regulates the private security and private investigation industry in Texas under the Texas Occupations Code, Chapter 1702 and the Private Security Board’s Administrative Rules. Texas Safety Academy is currently licensed by the Texas Private Security Bureau as a class F–Level III Training School.
We offer these classes at Texas Safety Academy. Texas Level II TPSB Certified Private Security Training, Texas Level III TPSB Certified Private Security Training, and Texas TPSB Level III Re-Qualification courses.
Choose the class time that works for you and sign up below!
Texas Level II TPSB Non-Commissioned Security Guard Course
- (6) hour introductory security course mandated for anyone to work security in the State of Texas.
- Covers Prevention and Deterrence, Ethics, Observation, Reporting, Offense Types and Arrest, Radio Procedures, Report Writing, Conflict Resolution, and Texas Penal Code and more.
Texas LIII TPSB Commissioned Security Guard Course
- 45 hours (five, nine-hour days)
- Mandated for armed security guards in the State of Texas
- Reviews Level II material while adding handcuffing techniques, holds, restraints and weapon retention, baton and pepper spray. Students will also receive firearms training
Texas TPSB LIII Re-Qualification
- six (6) hour re-certification course
- required every two years for anyone to work security in the State of Texas
- covers Prevention and Deterrence, Ethics, Observation, Reporting, Offense Types and Arrest, Radio Procedures, Report Writing, Conflict Resolution, and Texas Penal Code and more.
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of class.